Gokyo Lakes Trek
Gokyo Lakes Trek is one of the most adventurous and least traveled trekking routes in the Everest Khumbu region. This trek undoubtedly offers beautiful valleys, pristine turquoise lakes, an impressive glacier, and magnificent snow-capped mountain peaks.
Gokyo Lakes Trek is also considered an alternative to the established Everest Base Camp trek. It is full of serene beauty, Himalayan desert, pristine lakes, and much more. Besides, the walk through the Gokyo Valley offers the opportunity to explore the impressive five lakes of Gokyo and the famous viewpoint Gokyo Ri, from where you can enjoy a majestic view of Mount Everest and its surroundings. Such as Mount Makalu, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Nuptse, etc. The main highlights of this trek are as below
- Trek the world’s largest glacier: the Ngozumpa Glacier
- Breathtaking Mountain views from Gokyo Lake and Gokyo Ri
- Trek in Sagarmatha National Park, the habitat of exotic animals.
- Visit the world’s highest freshwater lake system, the Gokyo Lakes
- Enjoy panoramic views of mountains like Tawache, Everest, and more
- Discover the unique and lively Sherpa tradition, culture, and way of life
- 35-minute Kathmandu-Lukla flight with panoramic views of the landscapes