Teahouse Lodge during Trek
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during Trek
English Speaking Guide
1 - 15
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is 5 days trekking at Annapurna Area. Experience the best sunrise view over Annapurna and Dhaulagiri with a typical Gurung village.
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is also known as Annapurna Sunrise Trek. Your trek starts after driving to Nayapool from Pokhara with a 1-hour scenic drive. Start your trek with your trekking guide passing through the typical settlements at Thikhedhunga.
On the first day, you will reach Ulleri. The next day you will climb 1000 steps with a reasonably uphill climb to reach Ghorepani. The third day is the highlight of the trekking as you will reach Poonhill for the sunrise excursion. Poonhill is located at an altitude of 3210 meters. The following days will be trekking through the typical Gurung villages such as Tadapani and Ghandrung.
Poonhill trekking offers 180 Degree view of the Dhaulagiri massif with Annapurna ranges and Fishtail Mountain. This trek is an excellent mixture of Cultural experience with Mountain View within a short time span. You will see a close view of Annapurna I (8091m), Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Annapurna South (7219m), Fishtail Mountain (6993m) and beautiful Rhododendron forest.
Annapurna Poonhill trek is suitable for travelers wishing to spend a few days in the Mountains, with the most leisurely trek around Pokhara. With a daily 5 hours walk for five days, this trek is best suited for all age groups.
This trek is an all-inclusive trek escorted by a professional trekking guide and necessary local porters, including the Nayapool transfers and necessary permits.
If you have longer time for trekking activities in Nepal, you can look for other options in the Annapurna region undertaking Annapurna Base Camp Trek or Around Annapurna Trek.
Highlights of Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
- It is one of Nepal’s most famous short treks that offers stunning views of the Annapurna Himalayan range.
- It passes through beautiful rhododendron forests, waterfalls, and traditional villages of the Gurung and Magar ethnic groups.
- It reaches a maximum altitude of 3,210 meters at Poon Hill, where you can witness a spectacular sunrise over the snow-capped peaks.
- Depending on your pace and preference, it can be completed in 4 to 5 days.
- It is a moderate-difficult trek that does not require prior experience but involves some steep ascents and descents.
- Trek can be done any time of the year, but the best seasons are autumn and spring when the weather is clear and the rhododendrons bloom.
- It starts and ends at Nayapul, about an hour’s drive from Pokhara, a scenic city on Phewa Lake.
Duration: 5 Days
Primary Activity: Trek to Poonhill
Group Size: 1 & above
Arrival on: Pokhara
Departure from: Pokhara
Trip Grade: Moderate